Wednesday, October 1, 2008

worst. commercial. ever. ever.

ever. ever. ever. ever.



I'm not sure I'm going to be able to verbalize just how bad this commercial is. I'm not even sure where to start. I am so incredibly overwhelmed. The graphics are bush-league (at best). When I first saw it online I actually thought this was some loser video a 16-year-old kid with a webcam, photoshop and some time on their hands made.

Unfortunately for the human race this was produced by a large contingent of well-educated marketing-trained "geniuses". Albeit a room full of at least seven, yes seven people probably edited this. Thought it was great. Sent it off to be put on air. And now TSN has the unfortunate role of playing it because EA Sports paid them to. Does anyone know what this commercial is about? Is it supposed to sell NHL 09 to me? Am I getting old? Is this some sort of new-age art that I don't get? Probs not.

The strangest part is, this girl is an "NHL Blogger".


I need some help with this one, I'm going to grab some help from the comments on Youtube:

"This girl seems surprised by every word she reads off the cue cards."

"Possibly the worst commercial in the history of commercials."

"Couldn't they have gotten someone who ISN'T clearly suffering from brain damage to represent the ad? She talks as if she's struggling with the definition of 'story'"

Hey, they said it, not me.



Actually now that i've researched "Lauren" i've found out that she's a Leafs fan. I suppose picking on her isn't even fair is it? I feel bad. Oh well. It's already written. I know if I see the commercial again i'll become re-enraged.

1 comment:

Garn said...

Wow. That is the worst commercial. I mean, if the girl reading it was Sarah Palin's downs syndrome kid they would have had an easier time. Just awful, and she is a Leafs fan, those people don't even know the correct plural of Leaf!