Wednesday, October 29, 2008

From last night...

Journal entry: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 – 12:22 a.m.

I’m sitting in my living room. It’s absolutely quiet. And absolutely dark except for some tea light candles on the side table and the glow of my laptop as it runs on battery power. I’m writing this into Microsoft Word right now.

That’s crazy Jenn, Why would you do such a thing?

Well, earlier I was watching the Montreal Canadiens play the Carolina Hurricanes. It was in French, on RDS. I saw the opening ceremony. I saw a goal by Carolina to make it 1-0. I then saw quite a few close calls around the crease of Cam Ward. I then saw a goal by Alexei Kovalev to make it 1-1. As he was celebrating the television screen went black. The cable was out. Great.

Ok all is not lost. RDS streams their games on the internet. Oh… that’s right the internet is out too because it’s run from cable. Cool.

Our phone is also out as well. It’s run through the cable by the same company whom shall remain nameless (*cough cough eastlink*).

So I still didn’t have contact with the outside world by 11 o’clock. so I couldn’t even check the score.

Then the power went out.

I don’t know if you can tell. But I’m upset.

The weather is not particularly bad outside, definitely not bad enough to think the power would go out. But it’s gross enough to want to stay inside and watch the game.

Anyway, I finally got word from the outside world via text messages:

11:59 p.m. > “3-2 habs in a shootout. It was terrifying at the end when price put it over the glass with 2 minutes left in the third. Price was 3 for 3 in the shootout. Koivu scored the winner. Oh and tang scored on a pen(alty) shot earlier in the game. Was a good one for sure!”

Pretty good recap for text messaging if a do say so myself.

And so I suppose I should go to bed. I can’t charge my phone so I hope it lives through the night to wake me up.

End Journal Entry: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 — 12:38 a.m.

No comments: