Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm right and you're wrong.

Well not you. Unless Pittsburgh Penguins General Manager Ray Shero is reading this. (Which in hindsight seems to be a good idea for him.)

Let me elaborate.

Trade Deadline 2008. (Yes folks, I know, like me, you're all still trying to piece together your Saturday night and the thought of thinking back an entire year is cumbersome... but humour me here.)

The Pittsburgh Penguins pull of one of the dumber trades I've seen. They send Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito and a draft pick to Atlanta in return for a one-night stand with Marian Hossa.

I said this then, and i'll quickly say it again. Colby Armstrong is a glue-guy. He was an energy guy. The fans loved him. And most importantly he was Sidney Crosby's best friend and roommate — and they clicked on a line ... unlike Crosby and Hossa.

Not to mention... cough cough ... that Hossa left you, and the Pens look like lost puppies this season.

So I find it incredibly hilarious that when I'm checking out the trade rumours on TSN.ca that Colby Armstrong's name pops up. And guess who's looking to get him back.

"According to TSN's Darren Dreger, Armstrong has attracted interest this season, including the Penguins who would like to see him reunited with captain Sidney Crosby."


Habit ... excused.

I've finally found an excuse for my 4-cup-a-day coffee addiction.

Stuff White People Like #1. and Stuff Journalists like #9.

Finally, vindication.

No comments: